1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?I've been on dA for for 9 years, on my way to 10 years (in November).
2. What does your username mean?It's just a name I picked for myself. I usually go by Abigail Lockhart, but as a joke I shorten it to Aby or Abylockhart. A misspelled version of Abby, because people always remember your mistakes more than your properly typed words/names.
3. Describe yourself in three words.Clumsy Loyal Perfectionist
4. Are you left or right handed?I'm right handed for art and most stuff, but I'm occasionally left handed for some things like sports.
5. What was your first deviation?I honestly dunno anymore, since then I've cleaned my gallery and I don't remember what it was anymore. Probably either a very bad looking fanart or a drawing of a Lusco. Traditional art for sure, cause I didn't have a tablet back then. My digital art is fairly recent when you consider my 9 years of dA.
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
I love both digital and traditional art.
Lately I've been doing more digital art than traditional. Even though I started as a traditional artist and I do want to keep a balance between my digital and my traditional art and expand my skills in both. I don't have a good camera or even any decent camera to capture my traditional work anymore, and so I'm not really posting the little traditional art I've done. Then there's also the art-block and the rushing from deadline to deadline on digital works. Overall I wish I was drawing more on both sides.
7 .If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Painting. In my process, I always sketch, clean up the sketch, ink the lines, color in and then do the lighting and shadows and such. I admire those artists you really paint, who just do a light sketch and then paint on it without needing a really defined lineart to color in. I admire it and I wish I could do it, but I always feel a bit lost without my lineart.
8. What was your first favourite?
One of my dear sis' drawings.
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Digital art. I'm still amazed at what people can do with it. I love traditional art, but I find that I'm most amazed at digital art.
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
Hard question, I admire so many. Probably missusruin
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
Probably all the artists I'm following. I love their works and I'd love to meet them, even though I'm shy.
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?K-Kaito
introduced me to dA.
They helped me get started and grown as an artist. They motivated me to try.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
Digitally, I use PaintToolSAI and an old wacom bamboo pen tablet on a netbook.
Traditionally, I use Sakura micron pens and Faber-Castell colored pencils. Sometimes I use ballpoint pens, love them for sketching and more messy drawings.
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
I don't know, I don't really have a place.
I don't usually work outside home and I completely lack a proper space to work. I miss having a good desk with my own space. But when you don't have anything else, the dinner table or a a drawing board on your lap will have to do. But I really wish I had a big pretty space like I see so many artists showing...
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
I honestly don't know. I don't think I have a defined favorite memory, but I've been better and happier on dA than lately.
I miss the times when I had active watchers, friends that dropped by and commented. I miss feeling the community and not feeling like I'm posting art and writing journals for no one to look at, for no one to really comment on them and give me feedback.
That's probably it, I miss the time I would get feedback and active watchers, those were my fav times.